Volusia County saw several mega-deals in commercial real estate in 2022, many of which will have an impact on the county in 2023.
1. Phoenix, Ariz.-based Cove Communities bought Bear Creek Village, an Ormond Beach 55-plus manufactured home community, for $71.54 million.
2. San Francisco-based McDowell Properties bought the Lake Forest Apartments, a 384-unit complex, at 600 Jimmy Ann Drive in Daytona Beach for $56.5 million.
3. ApexOne of Houston bought the Napier Apartments at 2351 N. Williamson Blvd. in Daytona Beach for $51.76 million and land for a second phase (for which construction has started on 120 units) for $2 million.
4. Ed Morse Automotive Group of Delray Beach paid $45.38 million for the real estae properties at Destination Daytona in Ormond Beach. That doesn’t include the price for business operations, such as the Harley-Davidson dealership.
5. Salmanson Capital of Miami Beach bought the new Onshore Daytona apartments at 1100 Halifax Medical Center Drive in Daytona Beach for about $44.2 million.
6. A Teaneck, N.J., real estate manager bought the Via Romo Apartments at 875 Derbyshire Road in Daytona Beach for $30.74 million.
7. Green Eagle Capital of Los Angeles bought the Bellamy, student housing apartments on Jimmy Ann Drive, north of Dunn Avenue, in Daytona Beach for $29.3 million.
8. Greystar bought the rest of the undeveloped land between Williamson, Clyde Morris and LPGA boulevards and Strickland Range Road in Daytona Beach, for $20.75 million, plus another site off Clyde Morris for $250,000.
9. A Boca Raton firm bought the Osprey Landings apartments at 1795 S. Clyde Morris Blvd. in Daytona Beach for $20.4 million.
10. IMC Equity Group of North Miami bought the Enterprise Cove Apartments in Orange City for $20.25 million.
11. A Chicago-based Blackstone Investments subsidiary bought the Carolina Club apartments on North Williamson Boulevard in Daytona Beach for about $18.9 million.
12. Key International of Miam bought the oceanfront Best Western in New Smyrna Beach for $18.7 million.
13. The Blue Tides Apartments at 261 Riverside Drive in Holly Hill were acquired by a California firm and Marina Grande developer Michael Swerdlow for $18 million.
14. PGIM Real Estate of Madison, N.J., bought the Lakeview Estates mobile home park at Nova and Reed Canal roads in South Daytona for $17.5 million.
15. Comprehensive Healthcare Management Group of Hewlett, N.Y., bought the Woodland Towers seniors community at 113 Chipola Ave. in DeLand for $17 million.
16. Complete Care of Toms River, N.J., buying the Ocean View Nursing Home at 2810 S. Atlantic Ave. in New Smyrna Beach for about $16.12 million.
17. A Nashville firm bought The Boulevard apartments at 1713 Clyde Morris Blvd. in Daytona Beach for $16 million.
18. Suffern, N.Y.-based Castle Lanterra Properties bought the Cornerstone office buildings at LPGA and Williamson boulevards in Daytona Beach for $15.95 million.
19. Smyrna, Ga.-based Buckhead America Hospitality bought the beachfront El Caribe Resort, Beach Haven Inn, Silver Sands Inn, and vacant building and land off-beach, all in the 2100 block of Daytona Beach Shores for about $15.8 million
20. A Fort Lauderdale firm bought the Promenade shopping center at Nova and Beville roads in Daytona Beach for $15.5 million.
21. A Birmingham, Ala., firm bought the Oasis Apartments at Woodcrest Drive and Beville Road in Daytona Beach for $15.4 million.
22. Becker Organization of Montclair, N.J., bought the Pods facility at Jimmy Ann Drive and LPGA Boulevard in Daytona Beach for $14.75 million.
21. Three Pillar Communities of Los Altos, Calif., bought Terra Mar Village manufactured home community, or parts thereof, between U.S. 1 and the Indian River in Edgewater for $14.5 million.
22. A group of North Carolina and Georgia investors bought the Fairwinds Hotel at 1398 N. Atlantic Ave. in Daytona Beach for $14 million.
23. Pacifica Senior Living of San Diego bought Bishops Glen senior living community in Holly Hill for $13.975 million.
24. Hillwood Development Co. of Dallas bought the land for the Amazon distribution center on Bellevue Avenue in Daytona Beach for $13.775 million.
25. The Oceans 25 townhouse project in Daytona Beach Shores was sold to a Miami Beach firm for $12.5 million.
26. Twenty Lake Holdings of New York bought the property at 901 Sixth St. in Daytona Beach leased to Gannett for its News-Journal operation for $12.1 million.
27. Plantation Oaks developer sold much of the Ormond Beach development to D.R. Horton subsidiary Forestar USA Real Estate Group for $12 million.
28. Merit Hill Capital of Brooklyn bought the mini-warehouses at 1104 N. Nova Road in Daytona Beach for $11.538 million.
29. Extra Space Storage bought DeLand Storage at 900 E. International Speedway Blvd. in DeLand for about $11.02 million.
30. Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.-based Cobblestone Real Estate bought the Ridgecrest mobile home park at 170 N. Yonge St. in Ormond Beach for $11 million.