Buying a home can be a stressful and confusing process for everyone, especially for first-time homeowners. The good news is that with some help and reaching out to a few extra resources, it doesn’t have to be! If you are looking to buy a home, you should consider hiring an experienced and professional real estate agent, who is a Realtor, to help guide you throughout the process of buying a home.
Hiring a Realtor / real estate agent may seem like an unnecessary expense on top of the cost of a home, but having someone on your side throughout the process will save you your peace of mind. Plus, there are many other added bonuses of having a realtor that you may not even think of. Here are some of the best reasons to work with a realtor:
- Money. Believe it or not, hiring a realtor when selling a property may actually make you more money. A 2017 study showed that properties “for sale by owner” ended up making 30% less than properties represented by a realtor. Realtors can give you and your property the maximum exposure to the market and make sure that your property has the best chance to be seen and to get sold. As a buyer, most sellers have to pay the Realtors commission, not you, so you don’t have too much to lose.
- Paperwork and Contracts. One of the most stressful parts of buying a home is submitting the required paperwork to the Lender for the Loan, reviewing the countless real estate documents, the addendums, the purchase contract and reviewing all of the associated paperwork that’s required by the Broker.
- Before you sign any contracts, you have the right to know what you are agreeing to, and understanding what is written in the real estate documents. Having a Realtor on your side who is experienced with these documents will save you time, money and put your mind at ease. They can explain and understand these different addendums / contingencies in your contract will help negotiate the best deal for you and your family.
- Negotiation Skills. Speaking of negotiation, a good Realtor will have superior negotiation skills and will fight to make sure you get the best price and deal on your new home. Most Realtors know what negotiation techniques work best for them, what doesn’t work, and how things “normally” work so they can best advise you on what to do. For example, you may be willing to offer more than a seller's asking price, however, an experienced agent will possess the skills necessary to negotiate the best deal for you and help keep more of your money in your pocket.
- Fiduciary Duty and Privacy. When you hire a realtor, they are obligated to have a fiduciary responsibility to you, meaning they must represent your best interest and put those interests first. They won’t have anything emotional at stake and will have nothing personal to cloud their judgment while representing you. This also means that they will keep your information confidential and private.
- Experience. One of the best reasons to hire a realtor is because they know how to get the deal done and will connect all of the missing puzzle pieces for you. Hiring a Realtor like Mark M. Venneri to represent you in a real estate transaction, he will not only have your back throughout the process, he will also be able to help you find exactly what you’re looking for, guide you to the right people, find the perfect Lender for your specific needs and refer you to the best contractors / home inspectors to make sure they don’t overlook the important things like small leaks, roofing issues, furnace problems and any other matters affecting the property. A Realtor will also be able to answer questions you may have about neighborhoods and whether or not a price or a detail in your contract is reasonable. All of the experience a Realtor / Real Estate Agent brings will help you have a smooth, easy and better buying or selling process.
- Marketing Power. Real estate agents have access to premium listings, multiple MLS services and could connect you to properties that aren’t listed yet due to familial, personal, or client connections. This network could be essential in finding you the perfect home. Additionally, if you’re selling, realtors will market your property to all of the real estate multi-lists that they belong to and screen potential buyers to make sure that you aren’t welcoming any strangers into your home or potential clients that are not pre-approved to purchase your home..
- Support. Don’t underestimate how emotional buying a home can be. It is often the biggest purchase of your life, and having a Reator on your side to explain how the process works and what to expect will make the home buying process less stressful and will put your mind at ease. Mark M. Venneri, your Realtor, will be there for you from start to finish to offer support, handle the negotiations, and make sure that you’re protected throughout the transaction while staying an objective third party that stays focused on your specific wants and needs.
Mark M. Venneri of Gaff’s Realty Company is an experienced Realtor with over 18 years under his belt, serving the entire Volusia County and Seminole County Real Estate Markets. He strives to exceed expectations and feels a satisfied customer is the greatest reward! Receiving referrals from past clients is a true testament of Marks work ethic and his clients satisfaction. For more information, visit his website or give Mark M. Venneri a call at (386) 256-5508.